Latest Instagrams
Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Joe | Waco TX

Ever since I got home, I can't seem to get Waco off of my mind. It wasn't merely the excitement of being in a completely different state miles away from anyone I knew, but the joy I found in meeting new friends and exploring new places.

Joe was one of the last people I met. It was two nights before I flew home at a Shakey Graves concert. I had just finished stuffing my face with a decadent pokey os ice cream sandwich, when I spotted Joe and said to my friend, "wait a minute, I totally messaged him on instagram and he didn't see it yet, I wonder if he'd be down to shoot..."

About ten seconds later, I was talking to Joe about where I was from and what the heck I was doing in Waco. We talked for a few minutes, exchanged information, and met up early two days later to shoot.

During the session, I quickly discovered that Joe was a guy that possessed not only the ability to model, but the ability to chain smoke until I got the perfect shot (sorry Joe). His seriousness only lasted in front of the camera. Behind these photos is a goofy man with a damn good soul.


Although I only met with Joe twice, one thing I am looking forward to most about visiting Texas again is meeting up with this guy to talk philosophies, essential questions of life, and of course,  dive into the nitty gritty of world views. If I have it my way, it will hopefully be over a cup of Joe (see what I did there) and a burger at Milo All Day where he happens to work.

I am currently planning my next trip to Texas and couldn't be more excited. I don't think there will ever be another trip again in my life quite like the first. My advice, just go. Travel alone, see the world, and experience the places that set your soul on fire. Oh Waco...

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins