Latest Instagrams
Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Reason Why

I bet a lot of you are wondering why I started another blog... Well, back in the day, I used to post my photographs on a blog that hardly received any attention. I was younger and very quickly and easily discouraged. I thought I had failed to display my images in a way that were captivating enough to be viewed on a regular basis. Lately, I have felt similar emotions about my images. I've been so confused on what to post, when to post, and what to say when I post, because I have been basing my personal sharing’s on what I thought might get the most likes or the most attention, instead of posting what I love, as a means of expressing myself, for myself. I feel as if posting just one photograph with a short caption on instagram isn’t as fulfilling as it once was and that is one of the reasons why I have started this blog among many others.
I have always loved photography and the magic behind the lens, but I also love the elegance of language and the art of oral and written story telling. I knew that words not only contained power, but magic as well, a magic I need to share. I went to the University of Redlands and received my bachelor’s degree in English literature without a hesitation that I was doing the right thing for this reason. I love the language and the art of literature so much that I decided my life’s work was going to be teaching these stories and ideas to keep the adventure of literature alive. Granted, not all of my posts will have extraordinary rhetoric. I am positive there will be many errors syntactically and grammatically (sorry Sharon, Heather, and Sheila if you ever read these) Most importantly, I understand that if I choose not to express myself in this combination of mediums, I'll regret not sharing my stories. I want to feel as though the many facets of myself and my life shine through not only my images but my words as well. 

So...in a cute little nut shell, I want to share my adventures with the world,
 so that is exactly what I am going to do.

Watch: @DanielWellington 
Card: @quietlinesdesign
Shoes: @korkease

Pants:@americaneagle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins