Latest Instagrams
Friday, November 4, 2016

The Serenity of Silence

There's something sublime about standing alone in the middle of a golden field. The swift yet subtle movement in the air creates an elegant ambiance, while the sound of silence is captivating because it is something we aren't entirely used to. Throughout our busy days during our busy lives, we hardly have a moment to spare to soak in our surroundings, or even to acknowledge them, but even if we did, I bet most of us would be staring into a screen, listening to the latest songs, or calling our friends to tell them about the kind day we've had.

During this senior session with my rep Madison, I made sure she was aware of that serene beauty. She had picked the locations for those exact reasons, she told me she loved the golden color, the openness, and the simplicity of it all. We talked about how the weather was perfect that day, with a subtle warmth on the skin and a chill in the air that was just crisp enough to make the hairs stand up on your neck. The sunset could not have been more delicate and gentle just like Madison. I often have my models close their eyes during our sessions and  I encourage them to take a deep breath in and then out to relax them a little. I almost always get a gentle smile after guiding them in this way... I love it...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins